Survivor Day 2

Has all hell broken loose again? Market was down 733 points today. I wasn't at work on Monday but was told the DJIA rallied almost 1000 points. Now, add the -733 to the -100++ yesterday, hasn't the market almost given back what it gained?
The question becomes - when is the end?? Or more like, where is the bottom?? Soon I hope. Otherwise there will be nothing to catch.

I don't want to think about that really. I am trying to look ahead into exciting times in front of me. Today is day 2 at the new office. Still trying to get systems up and running. Meeting folks at the "new" office. Everyone is trying to be friendly. But I think it is hard for everyone. Because at the end of the day, there will be more eliminations by the end of the year. It is not fair to anybody. Not to them, not to us. Well, perhaps more so for them. What have they done really? And to think they have to suffer more because of us.

Which brings me to my question of the day. Is there room for everyone in this world? Probably, right? But are there enough space for everyone to live on the juiciest piece of real estate and the most favorable locations in the world? No. And that's where the survivor game begins. And if this show is of any indication of what goes on in real life, then you know that it's not just about being strong, it's about being at the right place at the right time making the right alliances and connections.

Whatever it is, it is time to make plan A,B and C. Those who know me know that I am not much of a planner. I take things as they come along and try to wing it...half the time. This new environment is exciting. But I have promised myself that in this game of survivor, I will NOT sacrifice my principles, integrity and sense of self to win the game. The middle path I am willing to take. But perhaps not that much more right or left of it.

Oh well. Let's take it one day at a time.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am very glad to read about your excitement and consciousness to NOW, as that is much more real that fear for future, or sigh / joy over the past.

Popular posts from this blog

Fall of the House of Lehman

Counting down from 08 and HELLO 2009!

Cancun, Mexico (9/12 - 9/15)