Dog Walking in New York


Lately I have started to think about dog walking as a part time position and if I so unfortunately get laid off, perhaps a full time job.
Here's the deal - as a dog walker, you have to have the ability to walk multiple dogs at the same time, and be able to scoop up all their poops and take them for a good walk for half an hour. And to make it a profitable venture, you need to have the physical stamina of walking that much all day long.

Well ok this picture is a bit of an exaggeration. But I have to admit though - I am very impressed with this dog trainer. He was able to handle 14 dogs at one go and have them all listening to him. As much as I love dogs I doubt I have this ability to handle 14 dogs in one go. But then dog walking is unlike dog training.
But I have to say though- New York with it's dime a dozen bankers, white collar professionals who live in apartments yet still cared for a pet and it's welfare enough to hire someone to walk their dog while they are at work - this is probably the only city in the world that someone can actually be a professional dog walker.
Say it cost about 25 dollars per dog per half hour walk. Imagine you walking just two dogs in one go - that's 50 dollars of pretty much tax free money. That's sure as hell more than what I'm making right now.
So if things continue the way they are, who knows I might be able to make a living out of being a professional dog walker and perhaps play some poker on the side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall of the House of Lehman

Counting down from 08 and HELLO 2009!

Cancun, Mexico (9/12 - 9/15)