Fall of the House of Lehman

From

To


So I got back to New York on Monday night September 15th. Initially I thought I'd go to the office and try to grab whatever I can like everyone else is doing -

But notice the press following him - so I think twice and decided there is nothing much worth taking anyway. Besides my studio is too small to pile in more junk.

September 16: Went in to work without my suit blazer on and realized that I was actually overdressed - folks were in jeans and shorts and t-shirts! Sat around for half the day just catching up with what happened. And then in the afternoon news came that Barclays has bought us.
Then Barclays' CEO and Chairman, accompanied by our Global head of fixed income and our CFO and President, visited the trading floor, announcing the purchase. They left followed by applause. Shows you how bad times are that now everyone is happy because at the very least, we will have a severance package. And we will get our paycheck this Friday! How lucky we are compared to our colleagues in Europe and Asia who did not even get last month's paychecks.

September 17, Wednesday: Ok I got smarter and decided to dress more casual. But for some strange reason people are back to our usual business formal dress code. Confusing. Barclays do not have a business formal dress code.
anyway at 11am I decided I wasn't feeling too swell and went home to get some rest. There was nothing to do at work anyway. Everyone is sitting around bidding time and waiting to see what Barclays decided to do with us. It feels good though, to be able to leave work so early and for the first time in so many years, took an afternoon nap during the week.


September 18, Thursday: I got in at 7:45am thinking boss will be in anytime soon. She told me yesterday I can come in later and leave earlier but still have to come in. I walked in to a half empty floor. Hmm, I am early. Note to self -come at later tomorrow. At 12 noon, for the first time in 2 years working in NY, I managed to have lunch outside under the sun for 1 hour! Damn it feels good. Am going to do it again tomorrow.

September 19, Friday: Got in at 8:15 now, and again realized i am too early. Hah. Again, had a 1.5hour lunch today at Bali Nusa ( 9th ave between 45th and 46th street ). It was Indonesian food, and it was pretty good! Would go back again.
4pm - left work since there is really no news to wait for today. I will know better whether Barclays decide to keep me or not next week. Fingers crossed.
So I got home, had an ice cream, and promptly fell asleep afterward. When I woke up, it was almost 12 midnight. I called up my usual gang of malaysian friends who hang out late but they are all calling it an early night. Ok. So out of boredom really I decided to start a blog. LOL.

Comments

Unknown said…
i love it!!! keep it coming.. and i also agree -- naps are AWESOME, especially on a weekday!
Jc Tan said…
yeah girl, keep update your blog, your dad was like asking me tons of questions about you when I met him the other day...next time I'll ask him to visit your blog lol

He'll be your no.1 loyal visitor ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Counting down from 08 and HELLO 2009!

Cancun, Mexico (9/12 - 9/15)